Saturday, August 29, 2009

Amanda's DIY Project

Hello Hello!

Note to S:
Nice post on the chess board, I loved it. Want to watch the movie when I get back?

So I have been working on a little DIY project this week and I wanted to share!

Why I love DIY's:
1) Because I'm a student, and its fun to have a finished product that didn't take dinner off the table.
2) Because I'm just a born craft-enthusiast...I like play dough, stickers, homemade cards...you get the picture.
3) Because I am PICKY. I constantly find things that for the most part I really like, but there always seems to be one little thing that I would change or add to the article. Whether that's the style of buttons, the length, the neckline....you get it. DIY's allow me to have exactly what I dream of!


So anyway! This week I took on a project that was entirely inspired by a skull cut out sweater I fell in LOVE with at "Shop With Asian Stereotypes":
http://shopwithasianstereotypes.blogspot.com/2009/05/studded-leather-ring_2625.html


(Quickly refer back to reason #1)
On that note I challenged myself to complete this dreamy number in under $8 instead of $80 US +S&H



Tools Used:

1) Scissors



2) Any sweater that tickles your fancy:



3) A marker or pen

So I found a grey sweatshirt and VV ($3.99) and scissors at my desk, and a pen also at my desk..(wow) and this image online...and I just went to work! Drawing it was a cinch, but cutting out all of the little teeth was a bit on the frustrating side, but I feel the finished product and mula-save-age was well worth it!!!

So here it is:
The final project + a little fun at the Reservoir with Sara + the nicest day I have seen all summer =














Anyway! Hopefully I can do some sort of little DIY project to post about each week, that would be fun.
Enjoy the good weather friends, I will be doing the same in Mexico this week!
xoxo love A

3 comments:

  1. Badass,
    i would like to partake in your DIY projects. i have ideasss!

    side note:
    blog has been bookmarked!
    second side note:
    I like the way you have chosen to use initials, very gossipgirl
    Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the DIY project! (: I first saw something like this on Childhood Flames and was in love with the effect - the result is amazing, darling!

    bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AV how inspirational and crafty! I couldn't get enough. Hear me when I say this, I can not wait to see more. I will have to forward this to my girlfriends, since im of male gender.. Peace.
    MT

    ReplyDelete