Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Amen Coppola

After a lot of smacktalk and a bit of procrastination I finally set up a blog. Sara and I have been talking about doing this for a while and we are finally getting started.
Sara who is both my blog-partner in crime and big-sister, is a talented new photographer you will surely get to know. I am a starving student, an English major to be more specific. I am really quite excited to get my musings and ideas out onto paper and by paper I mean blog. I know Sara is excited about getting more experience behind the lens, so its a kill-two-birds-with-one-stone kind of project. We are both blogging-beginners, so you'll have to bear with us!

So first embarrassing note about myself:
Most of my day-dreaming time goes towards fashion.
However I do from time to time venture off into topics such as boys, candy etc (see chart below) but a substantial amount of my free skull roaming goes towards things fashion and garment related.
Now this is something I don't love to admit because there are things associated to this girl...you know the one. The fashion-lover girl, the trendy girl...This is who I like to call the Lauren Conrad. (Please take no offence LC lovers, I'm sure she is a nice person I wish her every happiness)
Nonetheless, this is not particularly the group I would like to be lumped with as I like to think that I have a good head on mt shoulders, a head with more than just sequins bopping around inside. I read that while discussing the topic of her movie Marie Antoinette, Sofia Coppola said "You're considered superficial and silly if you are interested in fashion, but I think you can be substantial and still be interested in frivolity."

Amen Coppola. I take solace in this.

And thus, the blog begins!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment